Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Weather

Oregon weather is fairly predictable . . . rain . . . rain . . . rain. The summer months really break the forecast because the sun actually comes out and the rain goes away. Amazing I know! But it makes it a little tricky to plan an entirely outdoor wedding. It normally doesn't rain in August, but how am I to make sure?

Well . . . did you know that you can set up a person page through Weather.com, for your wedding date? When I was building my wedding website, I was trying to search for historical weather for August 8th in Salem Oregon. Finally I came across the Wedding Planner at Wedding.com. It really is neat. You set up a page for your date and location and it will tell you about the averages for temperature, cloud cover, rain, and snow (although I am pretty sure it shouldn't snow this coming August, it would be good to know if there was a chance). You can even add all your different wedding events (Rehearsal dinner, bachelor party, welcome dinner, bridesmaid luncheon, whatever), and it will give you the weather for those days as well.


(Images from Weather.com)


It will also be a great resource as your wedding gets closer because it will add the 10-day forecast, and when your wedding is only 48 hours away it will add an hour-by-hour forecast. I added a page for M and I immediately and added it to my wedding website. I hope my guests will appreciate it!

No comments: