Sunday, February 8, 2009

Our First Wedding Gift

We got our first wedding gift and it is the best gift ever!!! Who doesn't love KitchenAid?? And in Red no less!!



We got it back in November, before we had even registered. My Aunt, who is on top of everything, immediately asked what I wanted for our wedding. At that point I still had no idea what we were even going to put on our registries. I told her that I really didn't know. She asked if I was a KitchenAid girl, to which I replied "hell yes!" She told me that that is what she and my Uncle wanted to get for me, and I wasn't about to tell them no. I even promised not to even put it on my registry if she for sure wanted to buy it. Well, a couple weeks later, there is was. In all its wonderful red glory!!


I have wanted one since I was a little girl, and it is so beautiful sitting on my counter! We used it at Christmastime to make Belgium waffles. I am planning on using it more, but I can't seem to find the time. Maybe my time will free up after August 8th.

5 comments:

said...

what a score!!!

kates said...

I LOVE my effin Kitchen Aid mixer (mine's cobalt blue). It is the BEST, and i'll never forget what my mom said when she gave it to me for christmas:

"I know it's kind of weird, but I waited too long to get my own and didn't want you to do the same."

Aww. Thanks, mom.

i do monograms said...

I am so jealous... I want one so bad but still haven't gotten around to getting one!

Victory Bird said...

haha, I got mine as a christmas present in slate gray, and of course have only used it once since. But you're right, it's really great counter decor for now:)

logan said...

That's the color I got too! I plan on breaking mine in this weekend.