Friday, May 15, 2009

Dress shopping

I guess I have not talked about my dress yet. It is obviously a very important part of this whole wedding process. I guess I will use this blog to talk about my first dress shopping experience. I knew that I wanted my first trip to be with my mom, so that meant waiting about a month to travel home to Oregon after the engagement. I also knew that I wanted to go to Charlotte's, which is a tiny bridal shop (with tons of reasonably priced dresses) that is right around the corner from the house I grew up in. I basically drove past it everyday of my life . . . so it was a must. Here are some pics of that fun event.
This is me and one of my bridesmaids, K, she is the one who actually lives in Portland, hence why she is actually getting to be part of the process!! Can you see the skirt on this thing . . . the shape of the dress isn't bad, but the skirt is just tons of strips of fabric!!
This dress was actually a major possibility. The only thing that was missing was lace . . . I really wanted some lace on my dress!!

Me and K messing around . . . at least we were having a good time!!

No comments: