Thursday, September 10, 2009

My cute dressmaker!

I love the post from my dressmaker the day after I picked up my dress. Super cute!! Plus, she mentioned my little blog. So nice of her!!

Here is the post:
I'm finishing up all of my dresses in the next few weeks, and just sent one of my favorites out the door yesterday!
Oh, who am I kidding? I love all my babies equally!
I can't wait for all of the photos to come rolling in, this year's batch of dresses were all really unique and challenging in their own way. Here's a link to
Cat's blog, who I sent out the door yesterday. She's getting hitched on Saturday, so I should have some great pics of it soon. Cat was on the ball and has posted pictures from the entire process along the way, so you can kind of see each step we took to get to the final product!
Cat's dress: a v-neck dropped waist A-line ballgown, with alencon lace detailing on the bodice, and a gathered soft organza skirt and strap.
Up next in the next few weeks:
Cathy's dress: a discerning mother, with 4-ply turquoise crepe de chine cocktail dress and bolero jacket, accented with a fun paisley lining and a braid at the neckline.
Sara's gown: Halter style gown with a modified A-line, ruching accent at the waistline, and back strap detail. We're still looking for a fun sparkly applique for the front!
Kelley's gown: A wide V-neck with a low V in the back, a fit-and-flare shape, with graduated ruching shoulder to hem! Gorgeous!
Jenn's gown: a strapless mermaid cut 'a la Eva Longoria (below), with tulle overlay and an asymmetrical neckline detail, and tulle flowers down the back!


And seriously . . . I know my dress was one of her favorites!! And I am going to miss seeing her every few weeks. Maybe I will ask her to get a drink the next time I am home! Oh, and I have to share another detail . . . she gave her dog a middle name . . . Marshall . . . after my husband!!
Dress

No comments: